Reviews are critical to help build trust on Airbnb—they’re an important way for Hosts and guests to give each other feedback, and help our community make informed decisions and understand what to expect when making plans. We believe a fair review system is one that respects and protects our community’s genuine feedback, and we have a number of safeguards in place to help build trust in our reviews system.
Leaving a review
Only guests who have booked and paid for an Experience on Airbnb can leave a review, and only after the Experience has ended.
Once an Experience has ended, guests have 30 days to leave a public review. Guests can still write reviews even if they’re late, they leave early, or they didn’t attend because they couldn’t find the meeting point for the Experience.
Reviews are published as soon as they are submitted.
Are reviews moderated?
Airbnb doesn’t moderate reviews before they’re published, and reviews are encouraged to be transparent.
However, reviews do need to be honest and relate to a genuine reservation, and may be removed if they violate our Reviews Policy. In short, this means that reviews may be removed if:
- The review is in violation of Airbnb’s Content Policy—for example, it contains private or confidential, discriminatory, violent or threatening content
- The review is biased—for example, because the guest has been incentivised to leave a positive review in return for a free or discounted Experience, or where there are signals that the reservation was made for the sole purpose of inflating a person’s overall rating
- The review is irrelevant to the author’s experience on Airbnb—for example, because it doesn’t contain firsthand information about the Host or Experience that would help other community members make informed booking or hosting decisions
Editing a review
You can edit your review within 48 hours of initially submitting it, even if it has been published.
You can’t request edits to a review written about you, except you may contact us to request a change in the gender pronoun used to describe you in the review.
Responding to a review
You can post a public response to a review that someone has left for you within 30 days after the review was submitted. Feel free to respond with more context or provide your own perspective, so long as you also follow our Reviews Policy.
You can’t remove a review if you disagree with it, but you can report it if you think it violates our Reviews Policy.
How reviews are ranked
Reviews are ranked by chronological order and by relevance, which may take into consideration factors such as the user's language and country of residence.
- IsivakashiKulula ukubhukha Okokuzithokozisa Kwe-Airbnb! Ungakhetha idolobha nezinsuku eziqondile, noma ubhrawuze konke okokuzithokozisa. Khumbula, uku…
- IsivakashiOkokuzithokozisa kwe-inthanethi kubungazwa ku-Zoom. Ungabhukha okokuzithokozisa kwe-inthanethi ku-Airbnb ngendlela efanayo obhukha ngayo oko…
- IsivakashiKumelwe uhambisane nemithetho neziqondiso zendawo uma uya kokokuzithokozisa. Ezinye izinto ezenziwayo zidinga amakhono ahlukile noma ilayise…