Okokuzithokozisa okubandakanya ezokuthutha e-Bangkok
These information pages can help you get started in learning about some of the laws and registration requirements that may apply to your experiences on Airbnb. These pages include summaries of some of the rules that may apply to different sorts of activities, and contain links to government resources that you may find helpful.
Please understand that these information pages are not comprehensive, and are not legal advice. If you are unsure about how local laws or this information may apply to you or your Experience, we encourage you to check with official sources or seek legal advice.
Please note that we don’t update this information in real time, so you should confirm that the laws or procedures have not changed recently.*
Do I need a special licence or permit to drive my guests to and from my experience?
Generally, the provision of land transportation for consideration or commercial purposes requires a licence or registration from the Department of Land Transportation (“DLT”).
If you provide transportation in a vehicle carrying not more than 7 passengers, you will fall under the category of “a service car” (defined under the Cars Act); if more than 7 passengers, you will fall under the category of the “non-fixed route transport car (Car 30)” (defined under the Land Transportation Act).
Under the Cars Act, a “service car” is a car carrying not more than 7 passengers that falls within any of the following three subcategories:
- a business service car, i.e. a car used to carry passengers between an airport, sea port, bus terminal or train station and hotel accomodation, place of business of the passenger, or place of business of the driver;
- a tour service car, i.e. a car used by a tour-related business operation for picking up and sending passengers for tourism purposes;
- a service car for hire, i.e. a car prepared for hire but is not for hire for transporting passengers or things.
If you are operating a service car, you will be required to register your car in the category of a “service car” with the DLT, in addition to holding a valid public car driver’s licence. The application form and the required documents are to be submitted to the DLT. You may contact the DLT for more information on the application process.
If you are operating a service car that is not registered, you may be subject to a fine not exceeding THB 10,000. If you wrongly use a vehicle which is registered in another category as a service car, you may be subject to a fine of not exceeding THB 2,000. Therefore, it is best that you clarify with the DLT or seek advice from a legal professional if you are in doubt about whether you require registration.
Non-fixed Route Transport Car (Car 30)
For a vehicle carrying more than 7 passengers, you will be required to obtain a licence for a “non-fixed route transport car (Car 30)” with the DLT, in addition to holding a valid public car driver’s licence. The application form and documents for the registration of the licence of a “non-fixed route transport car (Car 30)” are available here.
If you operate a non-fixed route transport car without the licence, you may be subject to a penalty of imprisonment up to 5 years and/or a fine from THB 20,000 up to THB 100,000. In addition, if you wrongly use a vehicle which is registered in another category as a non-fixed route transport car, you may be subject to a penalty of up to 1 year’s imprisonment and/or a fine not exceeding THB 20,000. It is best that you clarify with the DLT or seek advice from a legal professional if you are in doubt about whether you require a licence.
In addition, you should also ensure that you have in place the compulsory insurance in accordance with the Motor Vehicle Victims Act B.E. 2535 (akin to a Compulsory Third Party Liability Insurance).
My experience involves going to a couple of separate venues, which are not walking distance from each other. I want to provide transportation between the two venues. I plan to order a licenced taxi or other licenced form of transportation. Do I need a specific licence to allow me to do this?
You will not require a licence in order to book transportation with a licenced transport provider if you are merely making on the spot bookings (as opposed to chartering transport) and especially if you do not charge for this service.
Is there anything else I should think about?
If your experience will involve combining transportation with another activity (for example, providing a guided tour of the city using your car), please take a look at our other information sections (such as on guiding tours) to work out if any other rules might apply to your activity.
*Airbnb is not responsible for the reliability or correctness of the information contained in any links to third party sites (including any links to legislation and regulations).
- Umbungazi WokokuzithokozisaOkokuzithokozisa okubandakanya ezokuthutha e-Los AngelesUkubungaza Okokuzithokozisa kwe-Airbnb kuyajabulisa, kodwa kunezibopho nemithetho ethile esebenza ezintweni ezihlukahlukene ezenziwayo. Siqo…
- Umbungazi WokokuzithokozisaOkokuzithokozisa Okubandakanya Ezokuthutha e-Puerto RicoUkubungaza Okokuzithokozisa kwe-Airbnb kuyajabulisa, kodwa kunezibopho nemithetho ethile esebenza emisebenzini ehlukahlukene. Siqongelele iz…
- Umbungazi WokokuzithokozisaOkokuzithokozisa okubandakanya ezokuthutha e-MiamiUkubungaza Okokuzithokozisa kwe-Airbnb kuyajabulisa, kodwa kunezibopho nemithetho ethile esebenza ezintweni ezihlukahlukene ezenziwayo. Siqo…