Isaziso ngokuvumelana Nomthetho Webhizinisi Wokuhlala Kwangasese (Umthetho Webhizinisi Wamakhaya Ezindawo Zokuhlala) (Minpaku)
Please obtain a notification number by performing the notification procedure required for conducting private lodging business (minpaku).
The Private Lodging Business Act came into effect in 2018. Hosts operating a short-term rental in Japan are required to obtain a notification number from the respective local government BEFORE starting business.
You can find detailed information, and other relevant details, at the Minpaku System Portal Site set up by the Japan Tourism Agency:
Minpaku System Portal Site (Japanese)
Minpaku System Portal Site (English)
You need to submit supporting documents
You must complete the notification of the private lodging business with the respective local government, then must add your notification number to your listing page. Additionally, you need to upload an official document (evidence) to prove your notification number is legitimate. Using someone else’s notification number without any agreement or forging or providing false information is a criminal crime and absolutely unacceptable. There are strict penalties, including suspension or withdrawal. Also please be advised that, if these acts are detected, Airbnb may seek investigation by the police and administrative authorities without warning you in advance.
You need to directly log in to your account and complete the adding process, even if you usually use management tools, etc. provided/operated by a third party.
You need to update your listing page
You need to upload one of the following official supporting document (evidence)
- A copy of the Private Lodging Business display permit
- A screenshot of the notification email from the municipal authority
- A screenshot of the Private Lodging administrator system
- A screenshot of the acceptance notification email from the Private Lodging System
- A written notice with your notification number
You can revise the information or upload the document in the following way:
- Go to Listings and select the listing you want
- Click or tap Policies and rules
- Go to Laws and regulations, and click or tap Regulations
- Click or tap Register your listing
- Click or tap Add notification number and add your information (Notification number, Your name/trade name or company name, and Email)
- Click or tap Supporting document to upload your documentation
If you have a license for an inn/hotel business, etc.
If you are hosting based on a business license under the Inns and Hotels Act, or permission under the National Strategic Special Zones Act, you can enter those details instead of adding your notification number.
Inquiry and preparation regarding the notification procedure
The following links and information may provide you with a good starting point for your inquiry and preparation regarding the notification.
- Minpaku System Portal Site set up by Japan Tourism Agency: Please see above.
- Minpaku System Call Center established by Japan Tourism Agency: Found at mlit.go.jp
- Information on laws and regulations and on contact numbers for inquiries to government offices: You can find information on the Private Lodging Business Act, its enforcement order, its enforcement ordinance, related public notices and guidelines as well as contact numbers of government offices for telephone inquiries compiled at the Website of Japan Tourism Agency.
- List of contact details of local government offices for inquiries: Available at mlit.go.jp
Complete the notification procedure and be a member of Home Sharing Community. You can register as an Airbnb host from your Airbnb account.
You can also find detailed information on Airbnb host registration steps at tsite.jp (external site).
Airbnb is not responsible for reliability nor for accuracy of information contained in the linked sites (including links regarding laws and regulations).
- Nakhu okudingeka ukwazi ngezilinganiso zobusuku endaweni yakini.
- IsivakashiOkokuzithokozisa kuyizinto ezenziwayo eziklanywe futhi zaholwa abantu bendawo abanika ugqozi. Ababungazi babonisa idolobha labo, ubuciko, is…