Ukusikisela kuzoboniswa ngemva kokuthayipha endaweni yokusesha. Sebenzisa imicibisholo ebheke phezulu naphansi ukuze ubuyekeze. Sebenzisa u-enter ukuze ukhethe. Uma okukhethile kungumusho, lowo musho uzothunyelwa ekusesheni. Uma ukusikisela kuyilinki, ibhrawuza izokuya kulelo khasi.
Umbungazi Wokokuzithokozisa

Okokuzithokozisa okubandakanya ezokuthutha e-New South Wales

These information pages can help you get started in learning about some of the laws and registration requirements that may apply to your trips or experiences on Airbnb. These pages include summaries of some of the rules that may apply to different sorts of activities, and contain links to government resources that you may find helpful.*

Please understand that these information pages are not comprehensive, and are not legal advice. If you are unsure about how local laws or this information may apply to you or your trip or experience, we encourage you to check with your city or an attorney.

Please note that we don’t update this information in real time, so you should confirm that the law has not changed recently.

Do I need a special licence or permit to drive my guests to and from my experience?

If you are driving your own vehicle and have a valid driving licence, you will not need any other licence to drive your guests to and from your Experience.

If driving passengers in your vehicle is integral to your experience (and is not merely used to take your guests to and from where the experience is), you may be considered to be providing a private hire vehicle service. A private hire vehicle service is a demand responsive passenger service provided in a motor vehicle, other than a taxi or bus, that must be pre-booked. Private hire vehicles cannot stand, park or ply for hire on any road or road related area.

If you are providing a private hire vehicle service, you will need to hold a valid Private Hire Vehicle Driver Authority (application fee $45) issued by Roads and Maritime Services and register your vehicle for business use at a Service NSW centre or registry.

The NSW government has introduced reforms in relation to point-to-point transport, which applies to taxis, hire vehicles and rideshare. If you are carrying on a business providing passenger services, whether by taxi, hire vehicle or rideshare, then you will need to comply with safety standards, fare and surcharge standards, and other requirements under the point-to-point transport legislation once it comes into effect.

The transport for NSW website contains useful information about these point-to-point transport reforms. It is best to consult transport for NSW to check if the point-to-point transport regulations would apply to you.

If you are driving a bus, motorcycle or four-wheel drive (4WD) tour vehicle as part of your experience (and not simply to and from the experience), you may be considered to be providing a tourist service, and will most likely need to have a public passenger driver authority accredited by transport for NSW. These kinds of services include the following:

  • a pre-booked service designed for carrying tourists to destinations listed on a publicly available tour itinerary; or
  • a service designed for carrying tourists where all passengers' journeys have a common origin and/or common destination.

A fine may be imposed for driving a vehicle used to provide a passenger service (including a hire service or a tourist service) without holding a relevant driver authority.

You will need to ensure that you hold adequate insurance in respect of damage to property caused by the use of the vehicle.

If your experience involves a motorcycle as part of the experience (and not merely as a way of getting to where the where the experience is), you will need to provide certain safety equipment to passengers, such as crash helmets and protective jackets.

Do I need a specific licence to provide transportation between two venues?

You will not need a specific license if your experience involves going to a couple of separate venues that are not walking distance from each other and you plan to order an Uber or licensed taxi or other licensed form of transportation, but won’t charge anything for the transportation, you will not need a specific license.

You will need a license if you are providing vehicle or passenger services.

*Airbnb is not responsible for the reliability or correctness of the information contained in any links to third party sites (including any links to legislation and regulations).

Ingabe le athikili ikusizile?
Thola usizo ngokubhukha kwakho, i-akhawunti, nokunye.
Ngena ku-akhawunti noma uvule i-akhawunti