I-Japan Host Insurance
Please refer to this help center article if you are hosting a listing in Japan.
Japan Host Insurance may provide coverage of up to ¥100,000,000 JPY if property or a listing owned by the Host is damaged due to the guest’s stay. It may also provide coverage where the Host incurs liability or expenses in relation to property damage or bodily injury of the guest or third party.
Insurance coverage is limited to Japan. Hosts must be licensed or otherwise permitted to conduct home-sharing business in compliance with applicable law for coverage to apply. Hosts seeking payments under Japan Host Insurance agree to cooperate with Airbnb and the insurance company, including providing documentation of the claimed damage and agreeing to inspections in rare cases when it is necessary.
You can visit the Japan Host Insurance Summary of Insurance page for more details. Japan Host Insurance payments are subject to certain conditions, limitations, and exclusions.
Japan Host Insurance may cover:
- Cases where the listing owned by the Host is damaged due to the guest’s stay.
- Cases where the Host is held liable for bodily injury of the guest or third party.
- Cases where the Host is held liable for property damage of the guest or third party, including the owner of the listing that is managed by the Host.
- Expense coverage in cases where the Host incurs expenses in relation to bodily injury of the guest or third party.
- Expense coverage in cases where the Host incurs certain expenses in relation to property damage of the guest or third party, including the owner of the listing that is managed by the Host.
- Expenses to restore property that has been stained or requires odor removal.
Japan Host Insurance doesn't cover:
- Cash and securities of the Host.
- Damage caused due to an intentional act by the Host.
- Reasonable wear and tear.
- Ordinary cleaning expenses.
Start a JHI request
How to file a claim
For Hosts with a damage claim to their personal property and/or their owned listing:
- Gather evidence of the damage. This may include photos, videos, estimates, and/or receipts of the items.
- Promptly contact the guest through the Resolution Center. When prompted to choose a resolution reason, please select Damaged or missing items. The guest will have an opportunity to respond. If the guest doesn’t respond within 72 hours, you can involve Airbnb for help.
- If the guest is unwilling to pay the full amount, the Host may be eligible for reimbursement under Japan Host Insurance. After contacting Airbnb, a support specialist will guide you through the process.
For Hosts who incur liability or other expenses:
In the rare event that a guest or third party gets hurt or their properties are damaged or stolen, and you are legally liable for or incur expenses required to compensate them, you should contact Community Support. After receiving supporting documentation and information, the case will be transferred from Airbnb to a third-party insurance carrier and their third-party claims administrator.
No opt-in required
Japan Host Insurance and its benefits are always included at no additional fee. By simply agreeing to list or continuing to list a property on Airbnb, you are automatically covered whenever you host a stay in Japan that is booked on Airbnb.
- Imithetho•BungazaSinikeza Ababungazi be-Airbnb usizo lokuthi bazijwayelanise nezibopho zokubungaza, futhi sibanikeze umbono ovamile wemithetho ehlukahlukene,…
- Indlela yokukwenzaThola ukuthi ungalilungisa kanjani ikhasi lendlu yakho uma ungumbungazi e-Japan.