Okokuzithokozisa okubandakanya ezokuthutha e-Barcelona
This page is here to help give you a starting point to find out about some of the obligations that may apply to you if you decide to post Experiences on the Airbnb platform. It’s for your information only and includes summaries of some of the rules that may apply to different sorts of activities, and contain links to official and third party resources that you may find helpful.
Please understand that these information pages are not comprehensive, and are not legal advice. If you are unsure about how local laws or this information may apply to you or your Experience, we encourage you to check with official sources or seek legal advice.
Please note that we don’t update this information in real time, so you should confirm that the law has not changed recently.*
What are the requirements to drive in Spain generally? Do I need a license and registration to allow me to do this?
Yes. People who want to drive have to ensure they follow these rules:
- You must be at least 18 years of age.
- You have a valid current driver's license.
- Your vehicle is registered with the Dirección General de Tráfico and it is in perfect shape.
- You have paid the vehicle tax for the municipality your vehicle is registered in;
- Your vehicle has been certified by the Dirección General de Tráfico as suitable for road use and has all appropriate permits.
- You have taken out the mandatory insurance that covers your use of the vehicle. Check with your local authority if you have questions on what insurance requirements may apply to you.
If you still have questions and need more information you can check with the Dirección General de Tráfico found here.
What are the requirement to drive Guests as part of my experience?
If transportation is provided as part of the Experience, or by an authorized third party, you may not need additional licensing. If transportation is provided on a professional or regular basis (for profit), an additional “passenger transport” license is likely required. The requirements and more information can be found directly from the Catalan regional government website.
What happens if I don’t get the licence(s) or registration(s) that I need?
If you do not obtain the appropriate licences or registrations, you will not be entitled to drive Guests. Hosts acting without the licenses can be subject to administrative fines. Also, if the lack of a proper license is brought to Airbnb’s attention, Airbnb reserves the right to suspend your account.
*Airbnb is not responsible for the reliability or correctness of the information contained on any third party sites that we link to (including any links to legislation and regulations).