I-Living Wage Pledge yethu
Cleaners are important members of a Host's team, and we’re committed to making our community a place where they’re recognized for their work and treated with dignity and respect. That’s where Airbnb's Living Wage Pledge comes in: It’s a commitment from our US Hosts to pay their cleaners fairly.
A living wage is the minimum income necessary to meet your basic needs and participate in your community. When cleaners are paid a living wage, they’re better able to:
- Support themselves and their families
- Perform consistent, high-quality work
- Take time off to care for themselves or a family member
Determining a living wage in the USA
To help Hosts understand what it means to pay a living wage, we referenced standards from the National Domestic Workers Alliance (NDWA), the leading association for cleaners, nannies, and domestic workers across the country.
When figuring out how much to pay your cleaner, ask yourself the following questions:
- Are they self-employed? For cleaners who are self-employed, a minimum of $25 per hour is considered a living wage. They’re typically paid more than those who work for a company, because they pay for their own income taxes, days off, and travel to and from work. They may also pay for their own cleaning supplies.
- Are they employed by a cleaning company? If so, consider a minimum of $15 per hour, as they may receive benefits like health, dental, and vision insurance, as well as paid time off and paid family leave.
- What are their real-life circumstances? Things like the cost of living in a certain region or city and number of dependents can impact how much someone needs to earn to cover their basic needs.
- What is their level of experience? Cleaners have different levels of skill and expertise. Take into account how long they’ve worked as a professional cleaner and whether they provide any specialized services, such as green cleaning.
In addition to paying a living wage, the NDWA suggests 3 other ways to help create a positive working environment for cleaners:
- Set clear expectations
- Maintain health and safety standards
- Connect them to a professional association such as the NDWA
For more guidance, visit the NDWA website.
- BungazaUkukhokhela isisebenzi sakho esihlanzayo iholo elaneleAbabungazi bethu base-U.S. bazibophezele ekuzikhokheleni kahle izisebenzi zabo ezihlanzayo.
- Umbungazi WokokuzithokozisaOkokuzithokozisa okubandakanya ezokuthutha e-ChicagoUkubungaza Okokuzithokozisa kwe-Airbnb kuyajabulisa, kodwa kunezibopho nemithetho ethile esebenza ezintweni ezihlukahlukene ezenziwayo. Siqo…
- BungazaBungaza imindeni enezinganeUma usho ukuthi indawo yakho iyazifanelekela izingane, kukuwe ukuthi uyafuna yini ukunikeza amasevisi akhethekile noma izinto zokuphepha.