Okwenza amanye amanani akhanselwe ngomugqa
Good news! You’re being offered a great deal. We only cross out a price when the one being offered is at least 10% lower than usual for a particular night. Who doesn’t love knowing they’re on to a good thing?
Types of discounts
- Weekly or monthly discount: Hosts sometimes offer discounts on the nightly price for stays that are at least 7 days long.
- Early bird discount: Hosts can offer a discount on the nightly price when guests book a certain number of days prior to their trip. For example, a Host might set a 15% discount for stays booked at least 2 months in advance.
- Price drop: Hosts lower their price for specific dates that they choose.
How we calculate true discounts for price drops
We track all Host’s prices over time. By looking at the median price over the previous 30 days, we work out each Host’s average price. If a Host drops their price by 10% or more below the median for a particular date, we highlight the saving by crossing out the original price.
How it works
Let’s say you search for a night in June. We can see that over the last 30 days, the Host has changed the price for that night on 4 different occasions. We calculate the median price for this night by adding the middle 2 prices together, and dividing them by 2.
Price 1: $90
Price 2: $100
Price 3: $125
Price 4: $140
Median price: ($100 + $125) / 2 = $112.50
Next, we compare this median price to the current price of the night you searched for. If the current price is at least 10% less than the median ($112.50 in this example), we show you the median price crossed out, next to the discounted price.
- IsivakashiHlola ingxenye yemithetho yendlu yencazelo yendlu ukuze uthole ukuthi ungeza yini nesilwane sakho osifuyile, noma ukuthi uMbungazi unazo yin…
- IsivakashiUma uthumele isicelo sokushintsha kuMbungazi wakho futhi wasamukela, ukubhukha kwakho kuzolungiswa ukuze kubonise ushintsho ngesilinganiso s…
- IsivakashiInani lokuhlanza liyinani elinezelwa kanye lokuhlanza indawo ohlala kuyo. Leli nani lisethwe Ababungazi.