Ukudonswa kwentela e-US
US tax withholding is federal income tax that is deducted from your gross reportable payments. Airbnb withholds US income taxes only when required by the IRS. The tax withheld is remitted directly to the IRS by Airbnb.
Note: US tax withholding is not related to Occupancy Taxes.
Reasons Airbnb withholds US tax (and how to stop withholding)
Failure to provide necessary US taxpayer information
If you meet certain criteria, we will request US taxpayer information from you.
Submit required tax information. Failure to provide your US tax information will result in mandatory US tax withholding until you submit the required tax form.
Required by law based on tax status/classification
If you are a non-US citizen/ non-US tax resident with US listing(s) or Experiences and indicate to us (Form W-8BEN/W-8BEN-E) that you do not file a US tax return, you will be subject to 30% US tax withholding.
Provide Form W-8BEN/W-8BEN-E.
Airbnb has been instructed by the Internal Revenue Service to withhold taxes
If Airbnb receives a “B-notice” from the IRS regarding the accuracy of the taxpayer information you provided, we are instructed to withhold taxes on your account until the issue has been resolved.
For information on how to resolve a B-notice, please read our article on US tax information validation.
For more information and instructions on how to complete US taxpayer information forms, see US income tax reporting overview.
Where can I see any US tax withholding?
If you are subject to US tax withholding, the deduction will appear on your Transaction history or Reservation summary as “Tax Withholding for US Income”.
How do I claim US taxes withheld?
US taxes withheld from your payouts will be summarized on your annual tax document (Form 1099 or Form 1042-S) which you will receive around January 31st following the reportable calendar year. The tax withholding will generally need to be claimed on your income tax return if you are required to file one..
- US citizen or US tax resident: We are required by the IRS to withhold taxes, we generally cannot provide you with a refund. We recommend that you consult with a tax professional to understand how to claim US taxes withheld on your income tax return.
- Non-US citizen or non-US tax resident and have US listing(s) and/or experiences: We generally cannot provide you with a refund. We recommend that you consult with a tax professional to understand how to claim US taxes withheld on your income tax return.
- Non-US citizen or non-US tax resident and had US tax withheld on non-US listing(s) and/or experiences: You will need to certify your foreign status by completing a Form W-8BEN or Form W-8BEN-E. Please contact us to see if you qualify for a tax withholding refund. Type “Help with US Income Tax Reporting” when prompted.
Note: We may request that you provide additional documentation through our customer service portal to document your foreign status. As a reminder, never give any personal information over the phone.
Please ensure that the US taxpayer information on your account is accurate. Failure to provide accurate information may lead to difficulties in claiming your tax withholding on your income tax return.
For more information on submitting taxpayer information, see US income tax reporting.
- BungazaThola imininingwane yokugcwalisa Ifomu W-8BEN lakho.
- BungazaThola izimpendulo zemibuzo evame ukubuzwa mayelana nezintela.
- IsivakashiThola imininingwane mayelana nokubuyiselwa kwemali yentela yezivakashi emazweni athile.